Saturday 23 March 2013

You only have a decade of your 20's....

So....I have so often heard people with an early date of birth (to be politically correct) talk about their twenties as if it were the golden decade. The years that made their lives.

Im 23 now! Three years in to that decade and only a year ago did I realise that I was wasting it on worry. Worry about the future, my career, wether or not I would have children. Life happens. We can't control everything, and the things we can control we needn't worry about. We should do something about it...but not worry. Worry is a pointless feeling-it causes all sorts of unwanted physical side affects and occupies head space that is necessary for other things-like memories and knowledge and all the important things you want to tell your grandchildren.

It was a year ago that I realised that I was sitting at the train station watching all the trains go by. because I was too busy 'planning' and 'preparing' and '

No comments:

Post a Comment